Monday 25 April 2011

Preparing For The Experiment


SUNDAY, 20 MARCH 2011


Preparing For The Experiment

In this entry I will simply be writing up a few points that will help me later on when writing out the experiment. 

Equiptment -

- 1 pair of soccer boots
- 1 pair of joggers
- 1 sock
- 1 soccerball (Inflated to 13lb (5kg) of Pressure)
- 1 tape measure
- 1 roll of masking tape
- 1 swing 
- 1 1kg Weight (Used to represent the foot)

Controls - 

- Releasing the swing at 90 degree angle
- The air pressure in the ball
- 1kg weight

Variables -

Independent: 
- The type of footwear
- Angle which swing is released from
- Amount of pressur in the ball 
- Amount of weight
- Type of ball

Dependent:
- Distance the ball travels

Method Of Collecting Results -

I will be collecting the results by measuring the distance with a tape measure. 



Right now I am working on the draft of the experiment and will be completing it tomorrow and will add it into next weeks blog. For now here is a little example of how I will be setting it out. I used Adobe Photoshop to edit the image of a swing and added the ball and boot in. And if you are wondering why the swing, it is because I can get the same amount of force from each swing if I release it from the same height everytime where as if I just kick it, the amount of force would be different. 

Heres the picture I created -



No comments:

Post a Comment